Having effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies is crucial to all financial companies, due to the fact that the internet has become a hub for everything finance, and any firm that wishes to survive in this sphere has to be competitively placed.
- The following steps are designed to increase a financial company’s visibility on search engines;
Proper Keyword Research
The importance of carrying out proper keyword research should never be underestimated, not only for those in the financial sector, but for everyone who is looking to get more leads using their website or blog.
Which search terms do people use when they look for the services that your business has to offer?
- Keyword research is the process of coming up with and choosing the proper phrases and words that relate to a business.
- An example of an appropriate phrase for a company that offers small business loans in Miami, Florida would be “small business loans, Miami.”
- In this instance, defining the location of a business is of importance, since people are more likely to carry out localized searches for the services that they require.
- The process of coming up with the keywords that will draw visitors to a website can be simplified using one or more of the numerous keyword search tools that are available on the internet. Examples are Google Adwords, Ubersuggest and Soolve.
- For those in the finance industry, the use “long tail,” keywords is of particular importance. These are the longer but more specific phases that are used by people who are looking for a particular service.
- Long tail keywords tend to be used by people who know exactly what they are looking for, which means that the leads that they generate are much more likely to be turned into conversions.
Link building is one of the most important aspects of Search Engine Optimization. Both back and internal links help web crawlers categorize the contents of a website, thus boosting its visibility to search engines.
Link building is an essential SEO strategy.
Effective Meta Descriptions
Your website’s meta description is the first thing that people see when they look it up on the web. It is of importance, particular for financial companies, to get it right. A professionally drafted meta description is, in this regard, the first step towards the establishment of trust between your company and potential clients.
Relevant, World-Class Content
The importance of having world class content can never be overemphasized, particularly when it comes to finance companies.
- Would you trust your money with a company whose website is full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes?
- The answer is no. At a subconscious level, people judge the credibility of a company based on how it presents itself on its website.
- Whatever else you might have done to attract leads, these won’t turn into conversions if your website is not professional looking.
- Quality content lowers your bounce rate and, over time, increases your search engine ranking.
- Use videos, pictures and testimonials to create professional looking posts. The last bit is or particular importance, due to the fact that people tend to trust more when they know that the company that they are dealing with has already produced results for their peers.
Produce Content on a Regular Basis
Other than by having good quality content, another way of making sure that your site ranks high on search engines and produces the leads that you are looking for is to produce good quality content on a regular basis. If you have not already done so, add a blog to your company’s website.
- Producing good quality, regular content gets you indexed more often by search engines.
- That increases the likelihood of your site getting back-linked by other blogs and websites.
- You are also likely to touch on a wide variety of content, and, by extension, on a lot more of what people who do online searches for financial service providers are looking for.
Secure your Website
Perhaps not surprisingly, financial websites are the targets of a wide variety of attacks from people whose aim it is to get unlawfully gain access to information about their users.
- It is important, therefore, for companies in the finance services sector set up secure protocols that are designed to protect their clients’ data. (Have SSL/TLS encryption).
- Having TLS/SSL encryption not only increases the trust among visitors to a website, but also helps improve its SEO ranking.
- Google has algorithms that are designed to boost the visibility of secured websites.
Optimize your Website for Mobile Devices
This is not only an intuitive step, considering that more and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet, but optimizing a website for mobile devices also helps boost its SEO ranking.
- Google, as an example, give priority to websites that are optimized when it come to queries from mobile devices.
Get a Presence on Social Media
Finance companies are advised to get a presence on social media, since this helps, not only in increasing their visibility, but also by generating search engine friendly back-links each time that a web page is liked by a visitor.